Saturday, October 14, 2006

sunday scribblings #29 - if I could stop time...

moments to stop time

wrapped in his arms, skin against skin

my young nephew’s laugh, little blond head

wine glass in hand, surrounded by friends

a mother’s hug, unspoken support

coffees outside, sisters chat

best friends gather, not longdistance

I close my eyes, imagine forever

6 Comments:

At 2:38 p.m. PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so lovely. I love its simplicity.

 
At 6:37 p.m. PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem! Simple pleasures are the best!

 
At 7:20 p.m. PDT, Blogger Writer Bug said...

This is really nice. It seems like something we should all print and frame in our kitchens to remind us of what's important.

 
At 7:52 p.m. PDT, Blogger Rena said...

Beautiful post!

 
At 12:06 p.m. PDT, Blogger Lara Lorelei said...

Lovely- family and friends are the most precious things we have.

 
At 7:15 p.m. PDT, Blogger Jerri said...

"Not long distance," wonderful thought.

Nice poem. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home